Code of Conduct
1) Respect everyone who is part of the Faltan Station sim! Harassment and discrimination is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
2) The Faltan Station sim is rated 18+ or 3-3-3. This means the sim may contain frequent use of offensive language (cursing); may contain graphic description of violence, but may not contain description of extreme violence, injuries, acts of mutilation or of sadism to such level they may cause shock or offense to the average adult reader; and may contain reference to specific sexual acts, including descriptions of the acts being performed. Rape or any other form of non-consensual sexual acts may occur.
3) Enjoy yourself and have fun! That's an order!
1) Communication is key. Please talk to the Command team if you have any problems or need to be away from the Sim. We understand Real Life comes first but let us know. We can make arrangements that work for everyone.
2) Writers are expected to post at least once every 14 days (this is not the case if players are part of big joint posts that are taking time), and should reply to TAGs within three days.
3) Please keep in line with the format of the Sim, making sure to put a title, time stamp, and location in the appropriate places in posts. Also use appropriate language for the Sim rating.
4) Don't be scared to talk to the Command team if you are having trouble coming up with ideas for posts, or if something is bothering you about the sim. We will help you as best as we can. We don't bite!
5) If a writer hasn't logged into the site for a period of one month, and has failed to answer any communication sent to them by the Command team, they will be removed from the game.
1) Players own their own characters and NPCs.
2) NEVER write for someone else's character unless you have received permission from them.
3) If you want to create an NPC in a particular department, make sure to ask the department head first to make sure they're okay with it.
1) Warnings will be given to any player who goes against any of these rules.
2) This sim operates on a three strikes policy. This means you get three warnings.
3) Your 3rd warning will result in your removal from the sim.
4) If posting rules are followed, warnings will reset as follows:
1st warning: 1 month after warning issued
2nd warning: 3 months after warning issued
1. Do not use Empathy and Telepathy for personal gain.
2. Reading someone's mind or thoughts without their permission is considered invasive and therefore not allowed unless ordered otherwise.
2.1 Higher ranking officers can order a StarFleet officer to read someone's mind or thoughts for safety reasons. (e.g.- Picard often asked Troi what people were feeling while communicating.)
2.2 During a hostile situation, Reading is allowed to avoid personal loss of life or limb.
3. The use of reading as a weapon is not allowed, as it is dangerous and harmful.
3.1 Higher ranking officers can order a StarFleet officer to use Reading as a weapon for safety reasons.
3.2 During a hostile situation, Reading may be used as a weapon to avoid personal loss of life or limb.
4. Interaction with other Readers by means of telepathy is allowed, but rules of social interaction and personal space should always be considered. (e.g.- Communicating by telepathy with another crewmember during a briefing in a full room is not polite.)
5. A Reader can use telepathy and empathy only within his or her direct environment. Long range Reading is not allowed.
5.1 Communication by Reading between two ships is possible, as long as they are close by. (Consider Counselor Troi's abilities -- she sensed emotions from another ship during communications to assist Picard.)
5.2 Communication by Reading from one part of the sector or planet to another is not possible.